Thursday, December 6, 2012

A broken tool in the hand of the Master

I wonder constantly why God calls me.  I am such a faulty tool for his hand.  Everything is a struggle for me.  Life is a struggle for me.  He could call so many others who could a much better job than I can.  I am not a good organizer or a good speaker.  I can't preach, I forget everything and get it wrong.  Yet He calls me, and he asks me to do things I would never want to do myself.  Why does He do this?  Maybe He has already called the others who are better and they refused.  Maybe He calls me to show me and everyone else that if we depend on Him, He can do anything through us.

If I would trust in Him my life would not be so anxious.  I sit here in my house and I have all I need because He takes care of me.  I don't need power or prestige.  I need love, and I need to share that love.  He gives me that.  On my own I would stay isolated and I wouldn't have what I need.  He has given me friends and companions for my faith journey.  He has opened my heart.

What is God calling you to do?  Have you said yes?  If you haven't don't be afraid to say yes.  He loves you, He made you, and he knows what's best for you.  What will make you happy.  Open your heart to Him and say yes.

No comments: