Monday, July 1, 2013

You don't speak for me - Women's issues?

Who gave the Pro-Abortion side the right to speak for me?  I never did.  Why is abortion the ONLY thing they consider a woman's right?  It isnt a right I want, and by the way a right is not something you just want.  I want universal access to education for all people, not the right to end lives because they are inconvenient.  I want an end to hunger and homelessness for all people.  I want everyone to have the right to freely elect their leaders.  These are women's rights because they are human rights.  Only when all people have have the same rights will we have a free world.  No one has the right to end another life, ever, period.  If we lived 100 years ago we might have needed to execute murders to keep others safe but that is no longer the case.  Life is the ultimate right.  Don't tell me what to think and you have no right to speak for me.  I am a woman, and I can speak for myself.

Women should have the right to not fear being raped and to be made to suffer for unwanted pregnancies here and around the world.  We need to work for the day when no where in the world would a woman fear to say she had been raped for fear of being killed herself.  We need to work for a day when rape is not used as a weapon of war.  It needs to be unthinkable to violate any person.

In the past and still in parts of the world a woman pregnant outside of wedlock was doomed.  She couldn't marry or work so how could she support herself and her baby?  That should never happen.  We all make mistakes and things happen that we don't intend.  We shouldnt hold that against anyone. We should instead help them.  If we had done that from the beginning abortion would never have been thought of.  In a way abortion is our fault.

All human rights start from the most basic right, the right to life.  If we don't uphold that right then all the others can be taken away.  And all rights come from God not our governments.  If your rights come from your governement again they can be taken away when the government changes and when popular opinion changes.  Popular opinion can not change our rights.

No comments: