Saturday, February 9, 2013

Being openly Christian

I am often amazed at how often someone who thinks themselves open minded calls me names because I am openly Christian.  It really makes me happy to be able to suffer in such a minor way for Christ.  Many people would at this point start to talk about how awful those people are but I won't.  They are a reminder to me that we should be better mirrors of the Love of God and how far I fall short.   I am so grateful to have someone else to pray for.  I truly wish them love and joy.  Those things come from God and we all need more love in our lives.  I thank them for reminding me that they are watching us and we need to be good examples of true Christian love.  I have to learn to love them better.  The better I can love, the better an example I can be to my fellow Christians too.  Unfortunately, as I am often reminded I fall short of truly loving all my fellow man.  I am a human being and i make mistakes, luckily God still loves me.  I wish God would give the gift of knowing what each one needs to be healed of whatever hurts them in their lives.  I would wish to someday know that love for us that drove Him to sacrifice Himself for us and to have that love for each person.  I wish I could give them the gift of seeing Gods love.  In the meantime I can still pray for them, for them to know infinite Love and Joy.

No comments: