Friday, August 21, 2015

Practical Relativism isn't Prolife

  Chapters 122 and 123 of the Pope's latest encyclical are profound.  Everything has to be convenient for me.  I will volunteer but only when it is convenient, I will donate to a cause, only when I have money that I don't want for something else I don't need.  I don't want to be inconvenienced saving our planet so instead I will wait and hope someone else does it or they invent someway of doing it that won't mean driving less often.  In the meantime I will just not believe in it.

It is convenient for me to buy a $5 tee shirt so I won't care about the working conditions of the people halfway across the world.  I like cheap food so I won't care about how farmers are effected by GMO crops or how that chicken was treated.  We treat people and living creatures like objects everyday.  How can we be Pro-life if we do this?

No comments: