Friday, May 12, 2017

Becoming your true self

How do we become our true selves?  At this point in my life I think it is an ongoing project for our entire lives.  I am not there yet and what little I have found can slip away at any moment.  I need God to be even a little bit of my true self.  I have to have a daily relationship with God, I have to spend my day with Him.  I also have to be forgiving of myself.  I fail constantly and in order to not spend time mulling over all my past failures I have to ask for His forgiveness, make amends, and go on.  I could waste my whole life in regrets.  I have to be alert with my eyes and ears open, waiting for God.

He will send people to you.  Last nights get He sent me a young lady whose car wouldn't start.  I have been her and while I couldn't get her car started I could make sure she had someone coming and not leave her alone to worry.  God will send you things like that big and small that will make you life bigger than it would have been.

No comments: