Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More of Something Different

I tried to add this to my blog on Monday but some how it got lost

I am small and must remain so. Below all others and subject to all, I know nothing and am nothing and so I have all I need.

What do I ask of my King and my Master? I sincerly ask for the gift of pouring out my life for others. I wish to be a martyr for you. Everyday let me pour out my life for others. Any small good I do let the grace from that act be given to those who need it, to stop violence, to bring people back to the faith. Let me Dear Lord, put myself third, You first, then others, then myself. Please Dear Lord remove all selfishness from my bones and all pride. Especially Dear Lord heal me of my pride. I cannnot take pride in doing Your will. Left to myself I am self absorbed and cruel. Self-sacrifice is only possible for me as a gift from You. I would mess it up. Pour me out, use me up, there is so little to use. I know that You will fill me and Oh What Joy! To be filled with Your Holy Spirit! I gladly give myself away so that I have have You in return. You, in exchange for me, is such a lopsided gift. I run to my cross and carry it gladly. Hang me on it and pour out my life, drop by drop or all at once. I know I won't know if I can in a small way help to save anyone while on this earth. I trust in your promise that it will help.

No comments: