Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Becoming me

My Lord, my God, my King, my Beloved, help me Dear Savior to become more me. You made me, so whatever I am is good, as long as I am what You created me to be.  Help me, Dear Lord to envision my world, my being, as You created me to be.  How my King should I react with Love at this moment to those who hurt me? Teach me to love myself and not to worry about what others think of me.  Help me to be bold in my love for You and all You have created.  Teach me to love others where they are while encouraging us both to grow.  Show me how to respond to hatred with love.  Help me remember that people's reactions say more about themselves then they do me and I can not change them, only myself and how I react to others.  My King, I know that changing my life, becoming who you created me to be will bring joy and fulfillment to my life.  It will fill my life with color and whimsy, which is how you made me.  You have called me not to be alone and isolated but part of a community.  I know that this means conflict and disagreements but it also means love and companionship.  Teach me not to run away when it gets hard but to realize that the difficulty just shows me it is worth it.

No comments: