Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Big Lie - Who is really fighting a war on Women?

The lie is that the Pro Abortion side is really on the side of women, they know what is best for us, how women should live.  Even if we don't want to.  They tells that we shouldn't rely on our families and other relationships for fulfillment.  Work is where we are to find our happiness.  We don't need children and love to be happy.  We can put off having children as long as we want and then, if we must, we can have a child later when we have our careers.  We don't even need to marry to have those children either, better in fact to be single moms.  This is bullshit.  Sorry to be blunt but I often wonder if any of the people who made this up are women.  After years of delaying my life to get my career going I now see that unless I someday become Jane Goodall or Jane Austin the meaning in my life comes from the impact I have on those around me, my family and friends.  I don't have children, and I regret that, I will always regret that.  I will however never regret that I didn't spend more time at work pushing papers and doing something that could be done by almost anyone else.  Talking, teaching,a nd being with young people is much more important to me.  Having an impact on their lives building them up is more important to me.  And why can't the world change and allow women to both have children and advance in their careers?  Why can't the world change to make being a family easier?  Do we have to buy into the idea that we all have to now fit in the old mold of working men?  Even men for that matter?  I challenge the young people of this world to not accept that we have to live to work.  We need to work to live.  When life is the focus of our lives we know that personal relationships, love, marriage, family, and community is way more important than money.  Success shouldn't be measured by how much money you have but how many relationships.  We are told that casual sex is what we should want and that if a child is conceived we can dispose of it without any consequences.  To do this people have to become objects to us that are there only for our pleasure.  A bit of our humanity has to die.  Then we are told that children are our right and we can do whatever we want to bring them about.  The child then becomes our possession and not a free gift of God.  Once we have that child, God forbid we want to spend time with them, unless it's to push them to become what we want.  A happy well adjusted child is sacrificed for a successful child who goes to the right school and gets right job.  Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed, we were made by God to love and be loved.  All else is illusion and fleeting.

No comments: