Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What ProLife is and isn't

Over the last week I saw three interesting And disturbing posts on my Facebook page that for me crystallized what it is to be ProLife.  The first one pictures from Syria of a group of small children all about 5 years old or less who were victims of the blood shed there.  All were dead.  The next one was the picture of a beautiful and smiling young girl, a toddler, who has Downs Syndrome.  The last one was a meme that asked, "if the infant in the womb was gay would you still fight for its rights"?

For me the first picture was a reminder.  In all wars there are innocent victims who need to be protected at all costs.  Children have been killed during drone strikes, have I said enough about this?  Have I emailed my or called my Congressmen about this enough?  No I haven't.  I think that pictures like this though very disturbing, need to be seen.  We need to know so we can react properly.  Being ProLife means standing up for these lives.  I know these deaths happened in Syria, what am I going to do?  What can I do?  First, I can pray.  Second, I can call my congressman.  Third, I can use social media to bring attention to the issue.

The second picture of the little girl with Downs Syndrome was so beautiful.  Her smile made me smile.  There were people who objected to seeing the child's picture.  They didn't think the parents should post pictures of their child, like everyone else does, because of her condition.  They even questioned the parents love for their child.  They seemed to say we don't think you should be proud of your child.  Most people currently have the tests done to check for Downs Syndrome and abort the children if they have it.  We don't want these imperfect children.  The funny thing I'd that most of the people who responded who had downs syndrome children called them a blessing or angels.  ProLife means accepting ehat the world calls imperfect children and people.  We know that she is made in the image and likeness of God so she is perfect.

The third post made the most upset.  The meme that asked if we knew that the child in the womb was gay would we protect it's right to life?  Wholeheartedly yes.  The funny thing is that if there were a test for homosexuality how many of those infants would be aborted by so called progressives?  My guess is a lot.  In the quest for the perfect child many babies are aborted because they aren't "normal".    As Christians we are called to love everyone because they were made by God, even our enemies.  Gay people aren't our enemies and we have to love them so we could never abort them.

It's funny how the Pro abortion side tries to portray us as hypocrites.  In part because there are some hypocrites in the PrLife movement but we just need to educate both the pro abortion side and the hypocrites that ProLife comes from God and is based in Love for all of Gods creation.

No comments: