Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Called to a life of knowing God

We all have the same calling.  We are all called to a mystical union with Christ.  We are all called to to a deep personal life in Christ.  We are after all, part of His body.  Every single person should work to develop this relationship with their creator so that He can also be our mentor, or Wonderful Counselor.  Simple wrote prayer is a great place to start but we need to move closer than that.  Imagine if your closest relationship was built only on reading poetry to each other.  Would you really know each other?

God of course already knows us and we can know of God from the Bible but we miss getting to know Him personally if we don't dialog with Him.  I miss it when my life gets busy and I cut out my prayer time.  Just sitting with Him quietly not talking.  Of course, what happens then, is that something happens and I run back to Him for help.  It isn't so much even an event happens or a trajedy but that life's stresses build up and have to lay them at His feet.  If I spend time everyday with Him that doesn't happen, I don't get stressed out.

I know too that when I spend more time with my Beloved I am a better person.  I am more connected to the love of God an I share that love better.  I am a more calm and centered person, less judgemental so I am a better representative of what a Christian should be.  I can not do it on my own. I need Him, always.

No comments: