Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Love

God loves me and that has all kinds of implications for my life.  God doesn't just love the me He thinks He knows, He loves the me that even I don't know.  He truly loves me and He loves everyone. If someone loves you like that you naturally love them and try to please them.  If I could love as the Beloved loves I would love all He created with the same love He has for them, but my love, like my knowledge of myself is hindered by sin.

Even so, I should let His love fill me to over flowing so I can in a small way, love all His creation.  I am afraid to let His love fill me.  His love is a light and I am afraid to look at myself and truly know myself.  The sins I commit knowingly and through my actions are bad enough but the sins I commit by not doing, not seeing, not hearing, not caring, are easy for me to over look and so remain in the shadows.  Am I so fragile?  Why do I hold on to resentments, hatred, prejudice, do I think they make me strong?  I think to let go of these things I would have to recognize I have them in the first place.

Maybe if I let His love fill me from end to end I would be more bold.  I have felt His all pervading love before.  It was sublime and painful.  Afterwards I wondered why it didn't stay, why He withdrew, but now I think I was the one who couldn't stand it and so pulled away.  Opening up to love takes courage, I think.  If I open myself to His love and let it pour through me to others, I have to open myself up to others, and to myself.

No comments: