Friday, November 23, 2012

The Love of God is a two way street

God loves us, truly loves us and wants what's best for us.  But how do we love God back?  When you love someone you do things you wouldn't normally do, don't you?  My guy spent the day today walking through all the "girly girl" shops I wanted.  He did once complain or say it made him "uncomfortable".  He just did it because he likes me.   How much more should we be willing to do for God?  Shouldn't we be willing to show our love for Him by working to bring others to our faith?  When I see God, I see Him as all His creation.  He is that teenager who refuses to go to Mass, he is that family member who ridicules you for your faith, he is the adict who doesnt think God can love him.  He is there and I have to love that child, that family member, that friend enough to show them the love I have for them in God.  I still have to listen to the Holy Spirit for Him to show me the right time and the right way, but I can't refuse to share my faith or Gods love. If I do, then I deny Him, and if I deny Him, can I really love Him?

No comments: