Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Taking time for God

i was going to call this post making time for God but that makes it seem like a chore, some other thing to add to the whole list of things you have to do this Advent season.  Right now my work is particularly hectic, we are trying to finish the fiscal year and change our computer system.  If I didn't start each day here in the Sanctuary of our church, gazing on the Beloved, just sitting with Him, I would be a tight little bundle of nerves at work.  I know that for sure because the last two days I had to be at work early and skipped my morning prayer time.

Take the time, don't fit it in.  Take time for quiet gazing on the Lord, listening to Him in silence.  Take the time for yourself.  Grow closer to God in this season of watching and waiting for Him.  Don't try to fit in a few hurried Rosaries or novenas, you can do that at other times.  Don't squeeze the One who came to save us, the Prince of Peace into you life, build your life around the Wonderful Councilor.

No comments: