Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Sign of Jonah

We live pretty comfortable lives.  I imagine that if you are reading this you are better off than 90% of the rest of the world.  The people of Nineveh were also living a comfortable life, unaware that they needed to repent.

We look at others, Muslims, the poor, and other groups and say to ourselves those people!  They need to repent, not me, I don't do those things.  We all need to repent, and only God knows for sure which of us is the greatest sinner.  Concentrate on your own conversion, if that is real, others will follow you.  Ask yourself these questions, have I by my faith, ever inspired some on to become a believer?  Has anyone ever noticed something in me asked me wher my peace comes from?  Do people ever avoid me because of my faith?  How many times a day do I examine my own conscience, how often do I judge others?  This is your sign of Jonah, repent! And God will relent.

No comments: