Thursday, June 20, 2013

Detachment 1

What is detachment?  The easy answer is to say not being hung up on things, status symbols.  The hard part is detachment from ourselves.  Not just from preferring my own ideas over others (is blue really the best color to paint the living room) but detachment from the results of what we do.  To not work for recognition, to not want to see the actual results of the good we do is detachment.  We judge our actions on the results we see but God sees the actual results, the things we will never see until we are in heaven.

I can not live my life in such a way as to look like the ideal Christian in my own mind.  What kind of a Christian I am depends on how closely I follow Gods will and not how much people think I am a saint.  I might look like a failure to them but what matters is what God sees.

No comments: