Thursday, April 2, 2015

And so it Begins

Ever since I returned to my faith I have taken at least Good Friday off and sometimes the whole week of Holy Week.  I want to have the time to enter into and walk with the Beloved on this journey.  I want to stay with Him and meditate on what is going on.

I walk the way of sorrow with Him by myself so I can really meditate on each step.  I want to be near Him and share His suffering.  To just sit there with Him is a comfort.  A few years ago I was in Rome for Holy Week, there are thousands of small churches in Rome, from Holy Thursday until the Easter Vigil there are people in the churches waiting with Our Lord.  It was so beautiful.

 How often do we take time out of our busy lives to just sit with God?  Talk about fasting!  Fasting from food is the normal way we fast, and that is great, but why not also fast from being busy.  We spend so much time running around getting ready for Easter by cleaning house and cooking but how about preparing for Easter by prayer.

Don't run home tonight after Holy Thursday Mass.  Stay, at least an hour with Our Savior.  He is about to undergo the supreme trial and give His life to save yours, stay with Him, tell Him in your own words how much you love Him.  Don't run home and turn on the TV or play with you phone.  Stay with Him who loves you above all others.  Thank Him for all He has done for you, then sit silently and wait for Him to say something to you.

No comments: