Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Carrying Christ within us - St Clare's third letter to St Agnes

Wow!  What an idea, that we should spiritually carry the Beloved in our bodies at all times.  We take the Eucharist within us at least once a week, do we realize we are carrying the Lord within us?  What would it mean if we really contemplated the idea of carrying Christ within us at all times?  What would we have to change?

If we carry Christ within us we carry Him out to others in the world.  Can we be selfish or mean or just uncaring if we carry Christ with us?  To carry Christ within us would mean to carry Love with us at all times!  What Joy to carry love everywhere and to everyone!  We would have to look at each person the way the Beloved sees them, desiring always to be united with that person for eternity.

We would also have to look at ourselves with both love and honesty.  We would have to honestly see our faults and yet still love ourselves.  I that if we could honestly both see and love ourselves we could both honestly see and love those around us.  I think that looking at the world with Him would be to see the world as the thing He loving created and so not as something I would need to possess.

This will be my contemplation this week, but I think I will need to go to confession first.  The funny thing is I know He is already there, but I am the one not ready to recognize the fact.

No comments: