Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Morning

Here I sit in front of the tabernacle.  My day and the Beloved's day are so different.  I have to make cakes today for the Easter bake sale, He is waiting to go before Pilot.  I think I have done such a good thing, I waited here last night for a whole hour and a half last night and now I am here again this morning, He was beaten last night and not allowed to sleep.

Today I am worried I won't have enough time to do things around the house I need to do.  He will have the skin whipped off His body.  I will take a nap before coming back to the church, He will be led through the streets, bleeding and dying.  I will read a book and feel superior for having given Him so much of my day off, at least a couple of hours, He will die for me to save me from eternal damnation.

That is the difference between us.  I do nothing and think I am superior, He does it all and asks for so little.  What more can I do for Him, and how can I do it so as not to draw attention to myself?  Am I doing all this for show?  I do the easy stuff, the stuff others can see way too often.  His hands, feet, and side are pierced for me, what can I give Him?  What can I do for Him?  He suffered for me, why should I shrink from being inconvenienced for Him?

No comments: