Thursday, December 3, 2015

Chasing that Feeling

Sometimes I feel like I am chasing that feeling I had at the beginning when I first came to know God.  That feeling that He was so close at all times and I was filled with His love.  I literally lived in that love and the rest of the world had no meaning for me.

When I think back on it now it was a very selfish time in my life.  I prayed to get the good feelings and I felt that everyone was looking at me and could see how holy I was getting!  How silly I was.  I thought I was there but really these were just the first baby steps of my journey.  God was holding me up because I couldn't walk on my own.  I hadn't been sent on mission yet.

My relationship to God is different now.  It isn't chasing the next good feeling.  It is participating in a relationship.  I am more secure in my love for God.  I know He will never abandon me but I was a fraud I would abandon Him.  I don't worry about that now.  I guess it is the difference between falling in love with someone and loving someone.

To be honest, I do still miss those feelings

No comments: