Friday, December 11, 2015

Discouraged

Tonight I am discouraged by those around me who call themselves followers of Christ but who allow their fear of others to lure them into hate and to dehumanize others while calling themselves Prolife.  How can I look at another person and say they are excluded from Gods love while I know what is in my own heart?

I am so tired of all the outrageous partisan things people are saying.  Have we all lost our minds?  Each and everyone of us is a child of God.  Even if I don't like someone and what they believe, if I lie and say things that are not true or exaggerated about them I am committing a sin and making my Beloved sad.  I must make truth, real truth, no matter how scary or painful my goal.

If I believe in God, in heaven, I should never be afraid to be as loving as He was.  He gave Himself for me, I have to be willing to do the same.  Sort of the opposite of the jihadist, willing to die in love, not willing to take another life, to love, truly love them.  To allow God to lead me in His love where He will.

No comments: