Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Divine Spark Within

If I believe that God dwells in those around me, then I must believe that God dwells in me as well. I look for the divine in people and see it daily but I don't even look for it in myself.  I know my sins, I know the selfishness and cruelty in me.  I know I am jealous and impatient, but still it must be there.

If I sin and still believe the divine spark to be in me then it must be that way for everyone.  Sinners have God within them and the Godly have sin.  We are all this crazy mix of sin and divinity.  At times I think the Godly are those who know this and accept it while the sinner steadfastly refuses to believe either that they sin or that they have the divine spark.  Maybe this is our journey, to accept who we are and so not be as ruled by sin.  If we aacept this in ourselves then we can accept and love others.

No comments: