Thursday, March 24, 2016

And so it Begins

I always find Holy Week hard.  I know where it all leads.  I hate the pain and suffering the Beloved has to endure for me.  I hate that He dies and for 3days leaves me, and it is my fault.  I see the pain, I see the blood,and I feel guilty.

Part of me, a very small part of me, knows that I should also be happy, that along with the blood and the pain is love.  That this is all an act of supreme love.  Our God gave Himself for us.  That is unique.  While the God of the Jews and the Muslims is the same as our God, only our God loved us so much He died a horrible death for us.  That should color everything we are about.  The Love should literally shine through us.

As the Triduum begins I plan to try to look at His love for me and not get as bogged down in the sadness and guilt.  I plan to look for ways to then carry that Love out into the world.  Pray for me and I will pray for you.

No comments: