Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Martyrs to Indifference

I sit here in front of the Blesses Sacrament and contemplate Pope Francis's words "martyrs of indifference".  The Beloved was also a martyr of indifference.  We was murdered for convenience.  People didn't want to change their lives, they wanted Him to quit disturbing their peace.  When I think of Him I also see the little Syrian boy who washed up on the beach, the people living in the camps.

This is our chance to feed our Lord, to give Him drink, to give Him shelter.  Imagine yourself standing before our Almighty Judge and Him asking you why didn't you help Him?  What will you say?  It wasn't my concern?  Of the hundreds of thousands who needed my help a few might want to kill us?  They were different than me?  Not the same religion as me,not the same color as me?  What will you tell Jesus?  What will I tell Him?

No comments: