Friday, March 25, 2016

Gods Plans, not our Plans

My plan today was to get to the church an hour early so I could prepare for Good Friday.  I walked in the door and someone had tracked mud down the center isle of the church so instead of immediately going to prayer, I cleaned the carpet.  Why, because I saw it and it needed to be done.  That's the way life with Christ is.  You want to do something lofty and admirable but Chrit wants you to fill a need on your hands and knees.  Something humiliating or really humbling.  His plan, not yours.

The reward is the quiet time after gazing at Him and He at you.  We pray today in the Stations of the Cross "and do with me as You will", but do we mean it?  What if your family wants you to marry and have kids but God wants you to be a priest?  What if you want a simple life without any demands on your time but God wants you to be Youth Minister?  We can't say, then do with me as You will and then do our own will.  Of course it is easy to say so and so should really be doing more, she's retired, or you need to help the poor more, or why can't he do it?  It doesn't work that way.

No comments: