Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Trap

I am a hypocrit, if given the choice I would in the secret of my heart want to be acclaimed for even the smallest thing I do.  I want people to think we'll of me and this sin holds me back from doing the things that God wants me to do.  I am afraid that if I were called on to do something in the way of civil disobedience that I am too afraid to do something that while right might cost me esteem or my job.

I look back and I wonder, could I have been part of the French Underground, could I have part of the Underground Railroad?  Could I really give all for God?  Could I toil for Him in secret, risking all for no acclaim?  By myself as I am, no.  God will have to transform my heart and make it more like His.  I am weak and selfish, He gave all for me.

Sin holds me back, that is what sin does, it keeps us from being free.

No comments: