Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sitting at the foot of the cross

Most High, Glorious God, bring light to the darkness of my heart, give me right faith, certain hope, and perfect charity. Lord, give me insight and wisdom so I might always discern your holy and true will. Amen. - Prayer of St Francis of Assisi before the cross at San Domiano

This week I invite you to sit at the foot of the cross each day and contemplate what the cross means to you.  What is that place like for you?  Is it a horror?  Do you think of how you put Him there?  Or is it a place to contemplate the love you see?  Do you see yourself and what you have done, or do you see the Beloved and what He has done for you?  Neither is wrong, just different.  If we pray to be more like Him, what does that mean?  It means the cross is in our future.

No comments: