Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Reading what I need to Hear

during Lent every morning I am reading a meditation based on the Gospel for the day and everyday it is something that strikes me to the heart.  Today it is on peace and humility.  It said if we have peace and humility in our hearts then we have neither anger nor annoyance.

Work is very challenging at the moment and I obviously have neither peace nor humility because I am struggling with anger and annoyance.  I was trying to deal with the stress at work by not doing my morning meditations and cutting short even my morning prayer.  I know now that is not the right way to deal with stress because it has just gotten worse.  Imagine deciding to deal with stress by pulling away from God!  How silly of me.  God is who I need to take the stress to.  Being filled with peace and humility instead of anger and annoyance will lower the stress level for me and my coworkers.

Thank you Lord for reminding me to come to You and Your Gospel for comfort and wisdom.  You who are comfort and wisdom, lead me today, fill me with Your peace.  Grant me Oh Lord the grace I need to carry your peace and wisdom into the world.  Remind me, as You always do, to come to You when I need help.  Amen!

No comments: